April 12, 2011

Oh What a Day..

"Oh what a day is today
Tramp is up, here comes spring
Nothing can stand in my way
Waiting to Bloom
Now that you've shipped out from under my skin
Waiting to Bloom
I think I'm ready to win...

flower
 Now that you're gone I can roll on to something good
Something good"♫ 
(ingrid michaelson- Oh What a Day...)

Today feels like spring, I hope it stays.
But, knowing Utah it probably won't.
Last week was my spring break and I'm sad to say that it snowed.
Snow in April?
Yes, snow. Not just a little.. a lot , like people were sledding instead of swimming!
But today there's a breeze the sun is out and ingrid michaelson is currently buzzing in my ears.
Waiting to Bloom
Currently waiting for the blooms on this tree, beautiful when they open up but sadly not yet, I love the warmth and depth that I captured in this photo.
Linking up to:

•••••••••••••••
Something else that is good is this from Kelle Hampton's blog:
"If you are taking pictures, you are a photographer; if you are writing, you are a writer; if you are hitting "publish post," you are a blogger. I am not afraid to take bad pictures, to publish fuzzy ones or to write something I might later regret. And I think this is the best advice I could give. Don't be scared. If you love doing something, do it. Learn it, stand by it, put yourself out there. You will fail. But you will swim again...like a fish."
I think the type of person she's talking to in this is me, I over analyze my photographs and debate whether or not to post or even show anyone...
But this is really inspiring coming from a wonderful photographer as her.
Salt Lake Valley
Motivation and inspiration what keeps me going.
•••••••••••••••
 I had originally written this post on monday, but I didn't finish it. so Happy late monday photo challenge.
April showers is the theme:

the 5 senses
•••••••••••••••
Oh yea and did I mention I got an award?
Weeelll I did and it is:
Here is how it works:
First: Write a post linking back to the person who gave you the award
Second: Share 7 random things about yourself
Third: Award 15 (I'm going to switch this a little bit) 5 recently-discovered bloggers this award
Then: Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won
My 7 random things are:
• I have won 3 giveaways via blogging. They were all awesome and stuff I truly wanted to win. A necklace, A photoshoot, a gift card to Love Stitched.
• I just ate a strawberry marshmallow shake, and it was amazing!
• The worst picture of me ever, is my learner's permit picture. By far. Once I have my license that is going in the trash.
• I would really like to be some type of lawyer when I grow up.
• When it comes to school something I lack is determination.
Now I tag:
Allie
Stephanie
Aliya
and... my two newest followers

Ready... Go!
Have a gread day everyone! (:

9 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty! Good job on the photos and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! I really love the last photo! So pretty! And thanks for tagging me. I think I've done that before. I might do it again if I have time... :) Oh but thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crazy that it snowed for your spring break! It's been so hot here, I think it got to the 90s yesterday!

    I actually really like my learner's permit photo, I was surprised it came out so well! Hahaha

    I lack determination in school, too. :)

    I love that last second-to-last shot of Utah. Ahh, can't wait to LIVE there someday! I miss it! I love how there's like 2 chapel steeples in the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower buds! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ingrid Michaelson. :) And your photos--wow! They're so beautiful. Even the one with the snow--I can't believe you have it in April. It's so hot here! :)

    ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots! Love the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, what is up with this cold spring break weather? Ugh, that's definitely Utah for ya.
    Three giveaways!? Dang girl, that's awesome! I was starting to think it wasn't ever possible to win those. You better be planning on posting pictures of the photoshoot! I want to see them.
    haha oh man don't even worry, I don't think ANYONE has a good picture on their ID. I know I don't. I swear they use poor lighting and a bad angle just so everyone looks bad.
    How cool you're interested in law! That's seriously so awesome, I could totally see you as a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny you should mention the 2 steeples because I actually shot this from a church parking lot and if I were to stand on my roof I could see at least 4 chapels haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Sorry for only seeing this now :P

    Your flower pictures are absolutely beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.