April 9, 2011

Heather's Hope | Walk for Lupus a fundraising event.


You may or may not know that my mom has a disease called Lupus. She was diagnosed right after I was born. Here is her story in her own words:
      
"I was diagnosed with the disease in 1995 when I was only 21 years old. I had just been blessed with my first child, Mikayla. 
After her birth my body just went downhill. I remember thinking that I must be going crazy. How could I have a new crazy symptom everyday? How am I supposed to care for this sweet baby girl and my husband? The next few months that followed my diagnoses included a life flight trip to a hospital in SLC, exploratory surgery, weeks in the ICU, rehabilitation, chemotherapy for my kidneys, and then years of juggling medications to try to find something that would control my pain, rashes, headaches, kidney disease, depression, fatigue, & more. 
The image that I added to my fundraising page is from that time of uncertainty in my life. I hope you can see how real this disease is. Lupus is a very real and very serious auto-immune disease. I have been blessed with amazing physicians that have help me get to where I am today. They have helped me bring another daughter into our family. Although that venture was a huge strain on both my own life and my sweet little Lauren's life, we are so grateful for the family we have. Many people will look at us with Lupus and say, "You don't look sick." Well, let me tell you ...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED!!! :-)"
Every year the Utah chapter of the Lupus Foundation hosts a Lupus walk called:
Walk for Lupus Now, to help raise money to find a cure for Lupus.
Which is to be held on May 21, 2011 at Daybreak's Oquirrh lake (near Salt Lake) for 35.00$ per person.
I am posting this to see if anyone out there would like to donate or even participate in the walk if you live nearby.
I know this is a huge thing to ask but it is for a good cause and it would really help people out there researching to find a cure. It doesn't have to be anything big just what you can give would be greatly appreciated.
The image below is a link to my mom's fundraising page.
Also, I have decided that to anyone that donates anything five dollars and above,
I will provide a custom blog design for. 
(blogger blogs only, sorry unless you just would like an etsy or wordpress header.)
You may or may not know I do know a lot of things about HTML and could help you renovate your blog just how you would like it.
My blog designs are normally valued at around 50-80$. I really would appreciate your help in donating.
I also would really would like to help the cause in any way I can.
If you are interested here's how it will work:
  1. You will click the image above that leads to my mom's fundraising page -or- if you live nearby and would like to attend the walk e-mail me and I can give you further information.
  2. Next, donate your 5.00$ + by clicking the green button that says Donate.
  3. Follow the procedure where it says your display name, make sure you write your name so I know that you donated.
  4. After you have submitted your donation please email me and tell me you have donated. Don't forget to give me your display name you submitted.
  5. After you complete the previous steps we can begin your design process.
Blog designs will only be offered until:
May 14th, 2011
But you can donate until the day before the walk.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Please, I really would appreciate your help in this, I know we can raise enough money to complete my mom's goal; and to make a difference. I appreciate your support!

4 comments:

  1. I love your header... did you make it?
    I really want to donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do! I have an award for you
    http://lovinthelittlethings.blogspot.com/2011/04/took-break.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did! (: thank you! I would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's amazing that she was able to have your little sister!

    ReplyDelete

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.