| Photo by Cory Devenney |
How did I get so old?
I mean one minute my biggest concern is which of my friends moms was going to drive us to the mall to spend our babysitting cash, and the next minute I am adding up the large price tag on apartments and college.
Life snuck up on me quick, I am over the moon excited for the experiences I know will soon be here. Still, I can't get this sad feeling out of my stomach like I won't get to have the same awesome relationship I have with my family.
I never have been one to get homesick, but how does one prepare for such a huge step?
I think this may be my least exciting birthday yet.
I could care less about the gifts like I used to when I was younger.
Now, I would just like to soak up every moment I can with my friends and family before I, and some of them move on.
This may sound gloomy and sad, but in reality I have been counting down my move out date for months, only recently has it occurred to me that this is really it.
Nothing will remain be the same for me in a months time.
I am so greatly blessed to have grown up where I have, with such great neighbors, friends, and family.
I only wish I could have appreciated it and savored it more.
So that's it then, the page has officially been turned.
That's the end of my ramblings.
Happier posts ahead.
XO
It's so true, I felt that way when I turned 18 too. It's like high school was so free of responsibilities and "big girl" choices and then you turn 18 and all of a sudden you have real life to worry about. It's scary! It's a scary transition but it also brings new freedoms that you get to enjoy. :) I wish I had more advice for you on the family front- I still live at home so I really have no advice to give but I have had experience with the rest of my family moving out (I'm the youngest so they're all married and have kids now) and I can tell you that even though yes your relationship will probably be a bit different, there will also be new good things about it too! Good luck Mikayla, for what it's worth I have liked college 10x more than high school years, and I thought I liked those years too!
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish I were 18 again! Enjoy every little moment, it goes by far too quick!
ReplyDelete