September 26, 2013
On being my best self.
I had an idea in my mind about what would happen to me spiritually when I moved away from home.
I thought that my independence and freedom would get the best of me and I would not do what I was supposed to.
Go to church, read my scriptures, pray, and the list goes on..
I think I thought this because I wanted to rebel.
I wanted to no longer do the things that my parents required me to.
I now know just how wrong I was.
Without even trying, I have been overwhelmed with opportunities and examples of the good things the gospel adds to my life. I have seen various social media posts, gotten emails from missionary friends, I get excited to go to my student ward every week, and continue to have random experiences that re-affirm to me it's no coincidence this is happening to me.
I realize without the gospel in my life, I feel less of myself. As cheesy as it sounds that something is just missing.
I have purpose, I know where I am going and I have conviction that I need to get there.
I never thought that moving away from my parents would make me stronger but it completely has. For the month and a half I have been gone I have already started to notice the change it has made.
I feel like this change couldn't have happened at a more perfect time.
School is hard. No one prepared me for just how much of an adjustment it has been. Having the examples and good friends that I do has made a world of a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love my student ward, too! College life is definitely a challenge sometimes, but I love being on my own because I'm learning so much.
ReplyDelete