| via |
This year Christmas has meant so much more to me.
Looking back I don't think that I ever truly valued the real reason for the season. I have been so blessed to have numerous opportunities to serve, and to see the light of Christ in other people, and I am so grateful for it.
For one of my Young Women 10 Hour Projects I decided to do Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. It was such a testimony building experience for me. A lot of the things that I did for people I never got to see their reactions, but knowing that I might have made someones day was enough for me.
Another experience I had was during our annual neighborhood food drive. The Laurels and Preists got the opportunity to deliver all of the food and presents from the giving tree that we had collected. To see so much love out poured from our community was overwhelming.
The families we helped were so grateful not as much for the presents but for food items that I so take for granted each day. They all gave us the biggest hugs with tears in their eyes. It was an experience I will not soon forget.
After being able to give so much, no present in the world mattered. Honestly I don't care about the gifts at all any more. I care that I was able to make people happy or that I made them feel of Christ's love for them. It makes me sad people neglect to remember why it is we have Christmas.
I hope that everyone can have a similar experience to mine, when I remember why it is that I am here I know that I am the best that I can be. I hope everyone has a nice safe holiday full of joy and wonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)