We went all the way up to Daybreak at Oquirrh lake.
It was gorgeous, I seriously want to live there someday.
After we checked in, they had a pre-walk introduction sort of a thing.
Where they recognized fundraising and picked a winner for a T-shirt contest.
They recognized my mom for raising the most funds out of everyone, which was pretty cool.(:
She ended up raising $1,833 all going towards people with Lupus who cannot afford medication and life saving procedures, like kidney transplants.
Then onto the t-shirt contest which I designed.
I was bummed I didn't win but I understand why I didn't, I mean we can't win everything right? (;
Later we found out that they want to use my design for their t-shirts next year. Which kind of made up for it.
We then walked,
It was a two mile walk so really nothing.
But it stood for so much.
When we returned we listened to the band for a short while,
participated in a raffle where we won nothing.
Went to a park and had a picnic it was a good day.
•••••••••○•••••••••○•••••••••○•••••••••○•••••••••○•••••••••
it was an amazing experience to see how much the numbers had grown since last year. To see the good that is coming from this. I, and many others were very happy to be a part of it.If you happen to live in the area you should come next year. You will be glad that you did.
Thanks for everyone in our team for participating with us and walking for my mom.
Looks like it was lots of fun! And I'm glad you were able to raise so much money!
ReplyDeleteHey I love your blog! I have one too! Come check it out!
ReplyDeletewww.tweensbloggin4god.blogspot.com
Thanks!
-Angel :)
Mikayla, these photos are so amazing! Oh my gosh, they're so clear and bright I love them!
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE the shirt design you made, and how exciting that they're going to use it next year!!