May 7, 2011

"Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff . . . and it’s all Small Stuff"

- Richard Carlson
This is the quote I have grown up listening to.
Each time I hear these words come out of my dad's mouth I have a different reaction.
Sometimes I roll my eyes, act annoyed and don't say a word.
Sometimes I huff a big sign and walk away.
And sometimes... I listen.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lately, I have noticed in myself that I care too much.
That I over-analyze things, people, and situations.
I try to hard to fix things with people who just want to be difficult.
I am too determined to fix friendships that have been broken by others.
I forget the definition of small stuff.
I forget the quote that has been said to me time, and time again.
The reason I am saying this is, I never have had a problem with people like I do now.
My friends, or who I thought were friends, are just nothing like I try to be towards them.
I have to almost take a step back and look at everything that's happened. Why do I care so much? Why do I fret over little inconsequential things?
Even now, after I have learned so much about the way people think and act.
I still want to fix everything, but I know I shouldn't.
I caught up in it.
I get lost.
I Look at myself thinking 'what the heck am I doing?'
So I won't.
I'll sit and wait it out, grinding my teeth.
Turn the other way, kill them with kindness, and move on.
Yep, determined to do it.
Continuing on.
Doing other things to occupy my time.
Like fixing every little detail of my new blog layout,  that is what is currently making me crazy.
Photographing my house 'ecosystem' for a stupid Biology project.
We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.