September 6, 2010

labor day.

By definition.
It means:
U.S. and Canadian public holiday: a national holiday in the United States and Canada honoring working people.
or in other words Loooooong weekend(:
Everyone loves labor day whether you like it because you can honor people who work... or if you are like me it means no school and an extra day of the weekend! :)
Moving on, this weekend consisted of.
Friday:
I wake up with a sore throat and runny nose.
Great.
I♥colds.
not.
My dad arrives home and we drive to Idaho Falls, Idaho with my uncle and cousins.
Saturday:
Fly fishing,
All day.
My cousin kylie and I yep, waders, huge shoes, ugly hats, orange cream soda and all. Embracing nature.

Great news I caught my first fish! ever and guess what it was about 3 inches long. yep.
It kinda reminded me of the Mormon movie Charly
when they go fishing and she catches her fish excitedly and is freaking out she pulls it out of the water and says: "oh... its kinda little"
I had to laugh at myself.
Because that was me exactly.
Anyways, then stew from my grandma and we drive back at 11 o' clock.
Can I just say I HATE sleeping in the car.
Not to mention with a major sinus headache.
So I didn't sleep a wink, the entire 3 hour drive.
Sunday:
When I got home I crashed and didn't wake up until noon.
Slept right through chuch... I know SHAME on me. But to be completely honest I probably wouldn't have learned anything feeling like I did.
needless to say, sunday was my resting day a entire day just to resume normal function.
Monday:
Today,
To my dismay the cold is still going... good n' strong.
*sigh
But, I wouldn't let that rain on my parade. Instead of sitting around using up boxes and boxes of tissues I went with my family went and saw Dispicible Me for the second time.
I laughed harder then I did the first time.
It's a must-see. Definitley.
Then we had a fabulous dinner and I finished it with math homework ... i know wahoo. right.
anyways, How was your labor day?
Tell me in your comment :)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute shot and I'd love to have you participate in the scavenger hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.