July 27, 2012

Camps

Three of the four weeks in June I was gone to different camps for school and church.
First I went to Girls Camp for my church,  I was apprehensive to go because... I HATE camping. I don't enjoy the outdoors, which is hard to explain to about 97% of the people that reside in my state.

Camping Life  But, seeing as it was my last one and I somehow managed to get all of the time off of work, I ran out of excuses and went.
It was just my ward and it was probably the best Girls' Camp because of all of the fun cute girls I got to spend it with. I am happy that I went, but also maybe even happier that I don't have to go ever again.

My approach was the same with Trek. accept going into it I was not happy about going. at all. I was wishing it would be over before it even started.  The thought of pulling a handcart with five gallon buckets containing our belongings, through dirt and sagebrush, in the summer heat, while wearing a bonnet and a skirt. Shouldn't that appeal to everyone? Yep, not me.
I sucked it up and did it.
It was a really good experience, but still I hope I never have to do it again. I have never been so disgustingly dirty and stinky ever. Sleeping on dirt and rocks did not help either. I got a new appreciation for pioneers for sure. Oh and, I love running water.
I did have pretty cute bucket though, I thought I might as well have some kind of style. I'm very convinced that if there were an award for buckets my would have swept the attractive division. (;
Trek Bucket

Next, was a much better 'camping' experience. I went to Yearbook Camp again this year at Utah State. I was nervous because this coming year had already proven to be a challenge with forcing finding people willing to join our staff next year. It really did turn out great in the end. I am very happy with everyone that we have, and can't wait to start next year.

YB Camp
This year is more of 'my' book. My idea. My design. I don't mean they in a cocky sort of way the contents will be our schools' of course. We did really well though, receiving second place out of about fifty schools.

That's what my month of June looked like.
Fascinating right?
More to come.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.