one | the drive.
Oddly, people have told me that they thought Colorado was like a two hour commute from my home, um... no. We have to go all the way up through Wyoming and then swoop down into Denver.
8 1/2 grueling hours.
I know you must be asking what exciting things there are to see?
Sagebrush.
Oh and windmills.
There is even a tunnel in Wyoming, (my sisters favorite part)
Too bad it only lasts 2 seconds.
anyways. Not exciting. Not recommended.
If you don't have a lot of stuff and you do not wish to have your own car there with you.
I recommend flying, definitely.
two | the birthday.
While we were there I had and celebrated my sixteenth birthday.
And I could not have picked a better way to celebrate it.
We looked at pretty antique shops.
I shopped at the biggest forever 21 I have ever seen.
And had my favorite food, all you can eat king crab legs.
| Taken with iphone. Scary eyes, hair, and just to clarify I did NOT eat all of this by myself. This was the work of my family. (: |
I must admit it was not the 50mm I was hoping for but this one does cost more and it was next on my camera wishlist anyways. I am very excited for high school football to start again so I can actually use it, because right now I have found no uses for it.
Really a great Sweet Sixteen.(:
three | experienced downtown Denver .
{1}-
{2} Riding the train in Denver is one of the scariest things. Very interesting people, to say the least.
{3} I love big cities. love.
{4} I really wish we could have gone inside the train station. It looked so cool and historic. If anything has a rainbow above it, it has to mean something good, right?
{5}-
{6} Colorado has more 7-11 convenient stores than I have seen in my life, this one looked very cool and modern.
{7} Train station at night, with particles all over my lens. Sorry...
four | all good things must come to an end.As the week came to a close, we were more than ready to be back in Utah in our home.
Looking back I wish I would have taken a lot more pictures. But I have kind of been on a break lately. Blogging break,photography break, schedule break...
I think it kind of has to do with summer, kind of in this mood. Relaxed do nothing, go and do what I want when I want to. And sometimes blogging is not included in that mood.
(Which is also why there was no photo challenge this week, next week ( everyone should enter on allies blog. The theme is: A photo of something in the distance. The necklace winner will also be announced.)
Sorry getting side tracked anyways, School starts next week which means new goals and new starts.
P.S. 5 100$ gift cards being given away here. I love LL.
Sounds like a wonderful vacation!
ReplyDelete