July 19, 2011

Guest Post | Kayla

Hello! I am so happy to be guest posting for Mikayla today! My name is Kayla and I blog over at Once Upon A Lens.

Mikayla knows I am a huge health nut so she asked me to share a healthy recipe today!

Vegetables are the healthiest foods we can feed our bodies. Full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that fight cancer cells, they have a lot going for them!
But, let's be honest.

I'd rather eat a cupcake than leafy greens any day.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was possible to sneak leafy greens into the foods we eat. Like, say, into a big delicious smoothie...without even tasting them?
 Don't be afraid.

I love smoothies and the big handful of spinach adds a serving of vegetables that you can't even taste!

Vegetables you can't taste? Amazing.

Peanut Butter Banana 

Green Monster Smoothie
•1 banana, sliced and frozen
•1 handful of baby spinach
•2/3 cup of milk
•1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
•1 big ole' spoonful of peanut butter

You only need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
Add all ingredients to a blender.
Blend, blend away until smooth, creamy and dreamy.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Now. You probably need to go slice a banana into a ziploc bag, freeze it so that you can make this. So go do it!
Mmmm, nutrients.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I was so happy to guest post for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes something that looks just like that, but she uses apples, and not banana or peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

Give a comment, get a comment. Just the way it works :)

 

Blog Template by Mikayla

© All images, text, and ideas are my own (unless otherwise noted.) Please do not take anything without my permission.
Thank you.